Tests Required

Tests Required for Education Abroad

There are various tests for studying abroad. The tests you would need would depend upon the country and course of your choice. This is the first part of a series on the tests that are necessary for foreign education.

TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)

  • Required for admission to any course in US and Canada
  • Accepted by UK, Australian, and New Zealand institutes.

GRE (Graduate Record Exam)

  • Required for admission to any masters level programme in the US (Other than MBA/Management courses)
  • Accepted and required by some Canadian universities

GMAT (Graduate Mangement Admission Test)

  • Required for admission to MBA and other management programmes in the US.
  • Accepted and required by many UK, Canadian Australian, and New Zealand institutes.


  • Required for admission to any bachelor level course in the US.

IELTS (International English Language Testing System)

  • Required for admission and visa to Australia.
  • Accepted by the UK, Australian, Canadian and New Zealand institutes.
  • Most of the Universities advise the students to take tests like IELTS depending on the programme you take. Some programmes like MBA would require the students to undergo GMAT as well.

PTE Academic

  • The PTE test is internationally recognized and is accepted for admissions for thousands of programs.
  • PTE Academic acceptance includes  UK universities, US universities, and government organizations.